Old September 28th 04, 07:05 AM
David

On 2004-09-27 14:49:14 -0700, Stompy said:

Just got my first couple of bottles of Noodlers ink this morning (Thanks Sam!).

The Black Waterproof works wonderfully, ran a page under the tap and
nothing happened to the ink.

Now, I'm sat here with a Parker 61 capillary filler which I normally
fill with Quink, and a bottle of legal lapis, wondering if I dare...

I understand that the ink is supposed to be non staining, made of
mostly tap water, etc, but I'm not sure how much sediment the ink will
throw, and if it does, will it rinse out of the filler with tap water?

I keep my pens reasonably clean - as Frank used to say these are pens,
not surgical instruments - and my 61 either gets used daily, or is
flushed and dried and stored.

So. Is it safe?

There was a report a day or two ago of someone who had let Noodler's
ink dry inside a pen on purpose to test for this sort of thing. He said
the dried ink rinsed away clean with no problems. Nathan himself says
he has tested his ink on all sorts of materials that pens might be made
of, also with no damage or problems. If you normally keep your pens
reasonably clean anyway, it sounds as though your chances are very
good. :-)

David