Old December 13th 04, 09:03 PM
Victor Manta

"Dave Kent" wrote in message
Your English is far better than anything I could possible do in another
language. It's no advantage to be in a country where the school system
thinks
all other languages are "foreign" and to be avoided.

One reason for this could be that several spoken languages are less needed
in a huge country. I can easily imagine that in the interior of a circle
having a radius of let's say 1000Km in USA the main spoken language is
English, but here in Europe the situation is totally different. For example,
for my location there are two official languages in a circle of already 3Km,
and 4 national languages in a circle of about 150Km (and I'm not counting
the citizens of other countries, about 20% of the population).
--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://www.pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/