Old May 11th 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Default Bob Finnan

"oly" wrote in message
On May 11, 1:26 pm, Friends of Bob Finnan
wrote:
This is the single best description we've seen of Bob Finnan online so
far: "You Finnan are a lonely, mean-spirited misanthrope who gets
aroused by insulting people on internet newsgroups." But maybe there
are a better ones?

We see this as the very beginning of a biography that could take years
to complete. If anybody would like to add to this feel free at any
time now or in the future. Maybe some people now or later know him in
person or knows of people who know him and can share some interesting
stories about this very interesting usenet antihero.

Who knows what he has done offline. There are pay sites out there such
as Intelius and others that could be worth checking for criminal and
sex offender check, lawsuits, judgments, liens, bankruptcies and so
on. Who knows where this could lead to maybe even a "I Hate Bob Finnan
Home Page" that would be a nice cousin to his "I Hate Tim McCarver
Home Page."

America needs rather more "anti-heros".

Our putative "heros" in Washington D.C. and Wall Street are screwing us
over right and left.

oly

I wouldn't call him an "anti-hero". Merely being a whining, devious,
insulting, egomanaical sociopath does not elevate one to that status.

Think of those who are in your pantheon of genuine "anti-heroes," oly.
Whether or not any of us agrees or disagrees with them, they actually are
doing something. Finnan sits in his lonely room and spews bile. That's not
an anti-hero by my definition.