Old June 26th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default The Medium is the Message

foad wrote:

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message

Saturday I found for $0.50 a fine copy of the 1967 softcover of
McLuhan's book. Not worth anything like the hardcover firsts, but
still scarce.

You could have got a roll of Charmin for that price.

I would have to sell a lot of Charmin for what this could
get retail.

McLuhan's message of "hot" media is actually more accurate
now even than then. One political commentator referred to
the use of Twitter in Iran as a "revolution in 140
characters or less".

--
Francis A. Miniter

P.S. Yesterday I did even better at a local thrift shop.
For the same price I acquired a first printing paperback -
the true first - of *The Sweet Flypaper of Life* (1955) by
Langston Hughes (text) and Roy DeCarava (photos), a novella
illustrated with photos every page. An early graphic novel.