Old September 28th 04, 09:59 PM
gogu

? "Jorg Lueke" ?????? ??? ??????
news
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:31:48 -0400, Padraic Brown
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:48:28 +0300, "gogu"
wrote:

Sarkozy made his comments after French Prime Minister Jean-Pierre
Raffarin voiced misgivings on Thursday about Turkey joining the bloc,
asking if Europe really wanted "the river of Islam to enter the
riverbed of secularism."

Hah! France is practiacally a Muslim country, when compared to other
large EU countries! They ought to get along with Turkish membership
like a house afire!

Padraic.

I think it would be wonderful if Turkey were to eventually join. The EU
would certainly have a moderating influence on the more egregious Turkish
policies and help stabilize a secular Islamic state. Over time, perhaps,
we could even see a Mediterranean addendum to the EU with peaceful,
democratic, stable Islamic and Christian countries joined together.

:-))))))))))))))))

Seriously now, I *do* want to see a democratic Turkey joining EU.
That would mean that Turkey has reached a high democratic level, which is
nice!
The problem is how long it will take for the Turkish society/political class
to reach that level...
After that, I'd be glad to see them in EU.
That's about in 25-50 years from now.

--
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!
F.d.A