Old June 8th 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
B.J. Herbison

Default New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

Owen W. Linzmayer wrote:
The lack of inclusion of modern issues is appalling, especially considering
that while I was the editor of the IBNS newsletter, I routinely sent George
Cuhaj advanced copies of my New Notes section so that he could supply Pick
numbers for same. How is it that Krause was in possession of the info
necessary to add this to the catalog well over a year ago and it failed to
do so?

Parity with the coin books. If they included all the information in a
timely manner it would make the coin book editing look bad.

That's also why they omit signature pages. Many coin type and mint
variations depend on information not in the latest books.

B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / / http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html
The Next Asylum / 203 Long Hill Road / Bolton, MA 01740-1421 / +1 978