Old October 24th 03, 01:24 PM
Scottishmoney

"Darren" wrote in message

It's not the same distinction. Scotland is not a different country(!)

Tell that to a Scot, rather to his face.

Scottish Government... s******
Darren

I believe one could take serious exception to the last statement in your
message, but for the mere fact that the Scottish Parliament has done
absolutely nothing beyond appropriating some £400.000.000,00 for the
construction of their new parliament building. Aside from gold plated
priveys and sumptious lounge chairs in their new domicile they have
accomplished practically nil for the Scottish nation.

Sad, but they set out with the aim of devolution, but the end result maybe
the opposite as people get fed up with their excess and lack of affirmative
legislation on behalf of Scotland. I have seen polls in the press that have
suggested this is causing some discord amongst voters whom were previously
in favour of having a Scottish Parliament.

Have a looky at this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3129822.stm

Dave