Old February 18th 09, 10:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Jimmy

Default Free-flowing india ink?

"Brian Ketterling"
wrote in message m...
In ,
Jimmy wrote:

Have you tried Fount India (Pelikan?).

snip
If you can, start with a nib a size or two finer than the line width
you
want. The old Fount India, in glass bottles, was just a basic,
non-waterproof india ink. Recent-production Fount India seems to have
been
reformulated with a lot of detergent. I have a new (plastic,
dropper-top)
bottle, and it's very wet, and spreads (YMMV).

I saw it a few months ago in an art supply shop, in the modern plastic
bottle, but didn't buy any. I've got a nice cheap Pilot 78 fine ready to
experiment with, as soon as I pick some up.

If it flows and writes wet, it might be the stuff to revive my stubborn
Japanese desk pen.

--
Alan