Old February 13th 09, 04:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

Default Free-flowing india ink?

Does anyone know of a traditional (carbon, waterproof) india ink that will
work well in finer technical pen points? I have #00 (0.3) points in
Staedtler Marsmatic 700, Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph, and Faber-Castell TG pens,
and Higgins, Koh-I-Noor, and Rotring inks, and no combination works
properly. I can rattle any of the pens until I get a drop on the tip, but
can't draw a continuous line.

I should add that I clean my pens thoroughly, and the ink hasn't gone bad.
I used to use tech pens a lot (not often recently), 0.3 was a size I used
frequently, and I didn't have this problem. Has ink changed in recent
years, in a way that would /reduce/ flow? I'd think that if anything,
manufacturers would make it thinner to avoid complaints about clogging.

-- Brian