Old December 12th 11, 01:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

Default Rowe/Ami EAGLE CD-100 Wall Mount Jukebox

On Dec 11, 3:14*am, Chad Henningfeld
wrote:
Is there much intrest in these machines? I don't see much about them
out there, I have one that blows fueses and was wondering if i should
fix it or sell it.

Dont know how much interest there is where you are, but there aren't
that many in Australia, and people still want a fair bit for them. I
converted one of mine to Digital, they are lot easier to do than all
the metalwork and other days of stuffing around needed to convert a
Berklee type box. (yes we do reuse the power supply and the central
control computer in the conversion, because both are so reliable).
Note that we have to use the power supply to get the 120v mains needed
for the amp.

Which fuses ? IIRC they only have them in the power supply, it should
be dead easy to fix.
It would be a fairly safe bet that it is a crook rectifier, as these
PSU's have output shutdown
protection if there is an overload anywhere in the machine outside the
power supply.

I can't remember which board the Eagle uses, but

Early model power supplies (that have the external heatsink with 2
power transistors on them) use IN5408 diodes for a rectifier, where
the later switchmode board uses a 35a bridge from memory.

It is difficult to go into too much detail with these, as they are so
reliable I have never had to do much in the way of repairs on them
other than dry joints and sometimes bad connections on the harness to
them.

Only ever had one in an R86 (from R86 up to laserstar CD the power
supply board was very similar, R84,5 was much the same circuit but a
different PCB) do a "mystery" fuseblowing 20 odd years back, and after
fuse replacement never gave another problem.

This excludes man made faults from ones that I bought that others had
"fiddled" with.