Old June 5th 09, 12:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default ID please

Well, to tell a funny story,
we host a Chinese student, and a Japanese student at home here.
Over dinner tonight, I asked "Kohei, can you read Japanese?"
"Of course" was the reply, looking a tad "put out".

Well, I showed him the 1 sen revenue stamp
and "No", "The writing is very, very old" , he could not read it.

He said the centre advises "paper stamp"

So no payment, for either of you.

"Asia-translation"
On Jun 5, 11:14 am, "rodney" wrote:
Maybe Tony Nakamura, (formerly Tony Antipodes)
could advise us what is written down the mandrels?

"rodney"

"Houston...we have a problem"

It certainly is a small image, but I think I can make out '5 Sen' down
the left hand side. The centre says 'Duty Stamp'.

That will be $A0.44, including GST, please.

Tony