Old March 2nd 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

Default Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

On Mar 2, 4:10 pm, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:
On Mar 2, 1:02 pm, "Bob F." wrote:

On Feb 10, 10:18 am, "Stone Mirror (the Great and Terrible)"

I own a pristine copy of a volume titled "The Picatrix", published by
Ourobouros Press in 2001 in a limited edition of 1000 copies (mine is
#331). I'm doing an appraisal of the current value of this book, so I
searched Bookfinder to see what was listed there.

There are several copies listed, ranging in price from a low of $204
to a high of over $500 (the latter from a Seattle brick and mortar
store for a copy with a scuff on the cover!) One of the outliers,
pricing a copy at $430, was an outfit called "seattle_bookseller". I
wrote and asked why the price was so high, and got an amazingly
vituperative and abusive response, stating that this "WAS HOW THE RARE
BOOK BUSINESS WORKED" and that I "NEED A COURSE IN REMEDIAL ECONOMICS"
and so on.

seattle_booksellers subsequent posts proved that you are telling the
absolute truth.
He's a miserable ******* (not that that's neccesarily a bad thing) and
probably would not have been out of place on the old NYC 4th Avenue
"Booksellers Row".
BTW: Here's his latest feedbacl, a bit worse then he stated
(surprise!)
Feedback 30 days 90 days 365 days Lifetime
Positive: 96% 94% 94% 93%
Neutral: 0% 0% 1% 2%
Negative: 4% 6% 4% 5%
Count: 74 176 412 721

So 5% of his 721 sales (that's 36 buyers, folks) thought his service
sucked.
And 2% thought it just so-so (14 buyers).
That's at least 50 people out of 721 who were underwhelmed by his
books and/or service.
For a guy that claims to ship "almost 200 books" a day, he sure
doesn't have many customers, esp. happy ones!

Come back when you learn to state accurate facts. You are undoubtedly a friend of Schlesinger's.

Anyone can check your Amazon feedback and verify what I wrote was the
absolute truth and that the stats were taken directly from Amazon's
site.
All your blather to the contrary doesn't change the fact that your
overall positive rating is 93% (which sucks, BTW).