Old July 2nd 04, 05:59 PM
Stan Klemanowicz

You sound like the same guy from Japan who sent me an email where he
mentioned I would be hurting his business by posting this information.
This guy couldn't deal with the idea of all these Americans running
around his backyard bidding up all the pens he sells over here.

This repsonse to my post was made from Japan. Posting from Japan, you
say? Yep, that's where it came from. Anyone reading this can click on
the Original Format button in the upper right hand corner of his
posting and see the internet path for the post. Plug in the
NNTP-Posting-Host number 219.4.72.6 at
http://network-tools.com/default.asp...t =219.4.72.6
(it's already plugged in for you) and it shows it came from a server
in Japan. bbtec.net is Softbank BB in Japan. Might even be able to
track down the specific computer it was written on. Shall we try?

If it was written from Japan why would this guy even care, except to
dissuade people from trying. If this guy really is on the up and up,
why can't he use his real name?

Besides he probably didn't even read the entire article.

(pizza for kitty) wrote in message m...
Stan is apparently just boasting about his connection in Japan, and
disguising this as a helpful hint.

"When confronted with a challenge my inclination is to discover a way
to overcome these barriers".

What's this BS?

Don't believe this guy. Yahoo Japan is a mine field. No friend would
send you into a mine field. If you can't read the Japanese
descriptions and other details on those pages ONE HUNDRED PERCENT, you
are inviting trouble. There are lines in there that talk about buying
the pen as it is, no claims, no returns (with typically fuzzy photos).
And if you have any questions they ask to e-mail the seller directly.
In Japan, they leave half of the problems unwritten, expecting serious
buyers to contact them directly. They expect dialogue.

I read one of Stan's earlier boasts, uh, how-to-do-it guides, and
tried the Yahoo Japan route. I ended up with a pen that was not as
described, and it arrived wrapped in toilet paper in a paper envelope.
The pen was also broken (one of the tines had a missing point), which
came as no surprise. Even if it had arrived intact, the barrel was all
scratched, although the description did not mention that, and the
photo didn't show it. I had no recourse since I skirted the system. I
should have flushed my money down the toilet. Thank you Stan. Are you
willing to reimburse me Stan?