Old May 21st 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Nickels and Dimes

"Jon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
A friend asked me to evaluate some coins from his dad. So I buy
a 2007 redbook and Making the Grade, a picture guide to grading coins.

Jon, a very good way to learn the true value of any coin especially the
rarer ones is to do a search on ebay, beleive it or not ... the market will
dictate their value, not the red book which is just that, a guide (printed
last year). if you have an 18D/17 buffalo i can tell you even in ag it will
bring around $500. do the search. The buffalo nickel market is very hot
right now. i assume this is due to re-newed interest because of the new
nickels out.

sr