Old March 13th 12, 01:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight[_2_]

Default [META] On bickering and throwing stones. Was: Newbie question.

In , on 03/12/2012
at 11:48 PM, "Victor Manta" said:

Anyway, our hobby here in RCSD is stamp collecting. We cling to it and to
our charter, and for this reason our level of bickering is low.

Yes, some old timers here form an odd bunch. My first venture into this
group was greated with a volley of odd acronyms in subjects, as evidenced
here. I come to find out it's how the core group communicates in some
type of odd, self-serving way. And it still seems very odd to me. And,
somehow, this is also supposed to control previous spam and bickering.
Which either doesn't exist anymore, or is simply filtered out and the core
group doesn't see it. You could just start a private message board of
some type, eh?

As one who does actually just like to collect coins and stamps and usually
just reads for interesting posts, I find your rants as over-the-top as the
ones that you seem to be trying to protect everyone from. Ironic.

Heaven forbid someone else new ventures into this group. You'd think it
was the rcsd charter newsgroup or something.

Nick