Old January 19th 09, 03:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default ICCS - Candian coin grading service?

RWF wrote:
1) How is it that two supposedly independent third-party grading
companies chose nearly identical (and very different from those of
U.S. TPGs) packaging formats?

Beats me.

2) Wouldn't it be relatively easy to fake such packaging? I'm
thinking that there have to be items such as 1921 Canadian 50c pieces
and Newfoundland 1873H 5-cent pieces residing in them.

All packaging is relatively easy to fake, although the flips used by
ICCS & CCCS seem to be especially vunerable.

3) Have any fakes of these packages been confirmed?

If they have, it hasn't been reported by Canadian Coin News or the
RCNA.

How is the editorial content of CCN these days? I used to subscribe years
ago, but somehow managed to let my subscription lapse. I'm not actively
collecting Canadian any longer, but always enjoyed the publication.

James