Old January 19th 09, 03:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default ICCS - Candian coin grading service?

RWF wrote:

[snip]

CCCS is a completely different service than ICCS.
I have several CCCS graded Canadian coins and find them to be
accurately graded for the most part.
CCCS was sealing its coins in soft plastic flips (like ICCS) but has
recently begun offering the option of a hard plastic case at a slight
additional cost.

You may have discussed this previously, but a few issues are worth bringing
up again:

1) How is it that two supposedly independent third-party grading companies
chose nearly identical (and very different from those of U.S. TPGs)
packaging formats?

2) Wouldn't it be relatively easy to fake such packaging? I'm thinking
that there have to be items such as 1921 Canadian 50c pieces and
Newfoundland 1873H 5-cent pieces residing in them.

3) Have any fakes of these packages been confirmed?

TIA,
James