Old November 22nd 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default More Argentine Perfins

On Nov 22, 10:05*am, Tony Vella wrote:
Any help identifying these Argentine perfins appreciated in advance.

BE on a 1923, red, 5c San Martín (no dot after value)
FyP on a 1935, red, 10c Rivadavia
JBI on a 1935, buff, 1c Sarmiento
all three perfins are inverted.

During the early decades there was a Federal-Provincial bank (Banco
Federal y Provincial) operating in the major cities. *FyP instantly
brought that to mind. *However, all "bank" perfins I have seen to this
date (in other people's collections, I regret) have had Bco. perfinned
on the first line and whatever else on the second. *My FyP does not.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canadahttp://www.amedialuz.ca/

Finally. we come to JBI.

JBI is the perfin of "Juan B. Istilart"
http://www.istilart.com.ar/

It is seen with Buenos Aires cancels from 1932-1978
http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?fil...cijdesEJjc.jpg

Blair