Old June 7th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Resolving John Pelan

John Pelan wrote:

Two questions:

1. You claim to follow ABAA book description guidelines. Please can you
advise whether you are in fact a member of the ABAA (or have ever
been)?

I am a member of several organizations that you do not qualify to
join. The specifics are none of your business.

Oh, so what you mean is that you aren't a member?

2. After seeking to imply that you had multiple copies of THE
SORCERER'S CHESSMEN, you side-stepped my suggestion that we compare my
scans of the book I sold you with those of the book you sold on to a
third party. Please could you therefore confirm - without ambiguity -
whether or not the book you sold on Ebay was in fact the same copy I
sold you?

SS

Do you suppose that I am at your beck and call to address impertinent
questions from the likes of you?

The answers to the above are really none of your business; instead you
may focus on .....[several completely irrevelant pieces of subjective disinformation].

You mean "yes" then?

So, to conclude:

1. You claim to adhere to professional "ABAA" guidelines although you
are not nor have ever been a member. This is an arrogant claim which
seeks to profit from association with whom you are not actually
associated. Worst of all, you cannot be reprimanded for breaching ABAA
rules, because you aren't actually a member of that august body.

2. Where a well-known UK Ebay dealer and I sold the same book as a
ragged but good reader copy, you listed it on Ebay as a "very
presentable copy".

I think this is evidence enough of your duplicituous intent.

Shelf Space
DRAGON SLAYER
"...three hours from sundown, Jeremy flies.... hoping to keep the sun
from his eyes... east from the city and down to the caves.... in search
of a master, in search of a slave."