Old June 4th 05, 01:04 AM
Bruce Remick

"shreadvector" wrote in message
oups.com...
That's great.

You should send a nice letter of praise to the vending operator telling
them how much more convenient these machines are compared to the older
machines in use elsewhere that do not offer change for larger bills. Be
sure to tell them how those older machines often lose sales since
customers often only have larger bills in their wallets.

If only all vending machine operators would do this.....

If I found myself at a vending machine with only a $20 bill, I'd have to be
literally dying of thirst before I'd use it to buy a $1.25 drink and end up with
18 dollar coins in change. If a machine can recognize my $20, it should be able
to stock and feed me a $10 bill among my change; then I could live with 8 dollar
coins. Otherwise, I'd rather find somewhere nearby to change that $20.

Bruce