Old July 4th 03, 08:13 PM
mike

I use North American Van lines. I purchased a box recently and they wrapped
it with heavy furniture blankets, then followed with plastic wrapping and
sealed it. Although the metal pilasters did incur some damage (dented), they
were pretty quick to process my damage claim. I think if some plywood or
heavy cardboard had been in place, damage could have been avoided. I am
having a 1428 moved form NY right now and can let you know how it goes.
BTW - NY to TX was $278 including insurance and it is to be delivered to my
door within one week.

Also have shipped some Wurly OMT's with BAX Global and had good luck as
well. Current owner needn't crate, but it helps if they have heavy cardboard
available for extra protection.

Hope this helps
Mike

"Bernie" wrote in message
om...
Okay, so I bought another box. I guess I can be called a jukebox
"collector" since I have more than one now. But this will be the
first time that I'll have to have it shipped. I just can't get the
time to go and pick it up. So I come to you guys for advice. Have you
ever had a box delivered? If so, who do you recommend? I see there's a
company called craters and freighters, they're a little pricy bu they
box if up for shipping. And then there's Eric's who specializes in
jukes. Cheaper but we have to wrap it up for shipping. So what do you
recommend. Thanks for all your help

Again....

Bernie