Old November 21st 03, 01:47 AM
Padraic Brown

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:12:20 -0500, Cliff
wrote:

I picked up a world paper money collection and it has several one
pound British notes. I don't see a date on them but the reverse has
Issac Newton on it. My question is if these are still valid case
money that can be spent in England. My daughter is going there next
summer for school and while I have a pocket full of 1 and 2 pound
coins I'd like to give her these to spend if they are spendable.

As I understand it, these can be exchanged for pound coins at a bank
but can not generally be spent in shops. To my knowledge, all BoE
notes and all English coins are still valid in that they can exchanged
for new money. So haul out those Alfred silver pennies you've got
socked away and make her trip worthwhile!

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.