Old December 18th 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight

Default Stamp Shows in the Cleveland, Ohio Area?

In , on 12/17/2010
at 01:27 PM, Billns said:

A Google search on some of those names should help.

For example, the Colopex show will be held in Columbus February 4, 5, and
6.

Linn's Stamp News carries a list of shows with dates and contact
information. The publication can often be found in public libraries
(although not mine!)

Thanks, Bill.

Yeah, I knew I could find the big name shows if I tried harder ... it was
the small bourses I wanted to know about first. Thanks to a direct, very
informative email I now have the story behind what happened to these shows.
Plus, I have a lead on where to find at least 1 of the dealers from these
shows.

Victor did provide me with some specific dates for shows not TOO far away.
I've got leads! See, it WASN'T so silly to ask about some itty bitty local
shows here!

Here's a question along these same lines. I'm not sure how to say this ...
I'm a bit more serious of a coin collector than a stamp collector, but I
like to do both. I travel, er "plan vacations around" large national coin
shows. The ANA has a huge summer convention that I have attended 11/12
years. I like the FUN shows in Florida.

What are the equivalent (huge, national) stamp shows? Do these exist?

Again, thanks everyone for the timely and thorough information!

Nick