Old April 26th 16, 11:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default USPS WARNING!!!

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message

For those who do not know;
NEVER EVER SEND REGISTERED to the USPS.
http://about.usps.com/postal-bulleti...l/updt_004.htm

As usual, you seem to half read and leap straight into confusion:

You are wrong because I read the whole IMM revision article. At the end we
will see who leapt into what.

To help you and others out, THIS is the appropriate sentence!
"Therefore, we will no longer handle inbound international
Registered Mail items in the domestic Registered Mail system."

This clearly means that ONCE into the USPS mailstream it will NOT be
tracked, it will NOT require a signature, it will NOT have any
protection from theft!

Thank you for your explanation. Let's read the next paragraph of the IMM
Revision, that apparently you have overseen:

"International senders of Registered Mail items will con*tinue to receive
features that distinguish this service. For example, the Postal Service will
verify receipt of a Registered Mail item to the postal administration of
origin. In addition, the Postal Service will obtain a signature at the time
of delivery in accordance with domestic standards governing the delivery of
accountable mail. Also, senders will continue to have access to the inquiry
process and may receive indemnity based on UPU limits for loss, damage, or
missing contents."

Because you write, screaming in uppercase, that "... it will NOT require a
signature ..." (which is in contradiction with the paragraph quoted above),
I may wonder if you ever received a registered letter from Europe through
the USPS.

So far I had to _sign_ for every registered letter that was handed over to
me by the USPS.

Victor Manta