Old September 19th 08, 05:40 PM
Sir William Sir William is offline
Junior Member

Default Four Hue pencil

Hello folks,

I notice there have been some previous thoughts about four-colour pencils...please forgive me if I am going over old ground.

I have a pencil marked "FOUR HUE" "Made in England"..with spare coloured leads in the barrel...and the mechanism strikes me as being both clever and unusual.

If you turn the top of the pencil it works like an ordinary propelling pencil - moving the lead in and out but - if you fully withdraw the lead and then continuing turning, the mechanism clicks and will then produce a different coloured lead. You can do this sequencially and produce the four different colours - each of which will operate as a normal propelling pencil.

There is no other name or mark on the pencil, which is chrome finish and machine patterned in alternating panels.

Can anyone enlighten me about this unusual pencil (if indeed it is unusual). Age, maker, value etc. I would be most grateful

Thanks in anticipation.

William