Old August 8th 11, 08:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default scanning watermarks

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
"Pedro" found these unused words:

hello all,
I'm trying to get a decent digital image of a watermark with my scanner.
My method is still not perfect although I manage to see the watermark but
not very clear. I'd appreciate very much if anyone could help me or
provide
directions in achieving this goal in a better way.

Thanks,
pedro

IF your scanner will scan photographic negatives, place the stamp face UP
and make the scan. You'll have to severely manipulate the contrast and
black/white capture points while scanning, but for many watermarks this
will
work.

Note, it will be 'reversed' so additional work in your graphics editor
will
be needed.

Thanks for your answer, I'll give it a try

regards,
Pedro