Old December 24th 03, 05:37 PM
Jesse

fishbulb wrote in
:

What is a star note?....I am new here :-)

In the process of printing,some notes have errors and cannot be released to
the public. They replace these notes with others,and there is a little star
next to the serial numbers to mark it as a replacement.
I don't know exact figures,but I've read something of the order of less
than 1% in any given year are star notes,which makes them collectable.

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 04:50:25 GMT, Jesse wrote:

(Lyntoy1) wrote in
news:20031222221034.15425.00001690@mb- m03.aol.com:

Drew-
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll go ahead and put this with my $38
hoard of
stars, and just feel lucky to own one at all! Mike

Thats the way to look at it.
At the very least,your great grandchildren might be happy someday that
you had the foresight to stash them away.
I know if my great grandfather has the foresight to stash away a
couple rolls of 20 cent pieces - Worth 20 cents at the time,now well
over $1,000 each - I would be tickled pink.