Old September 21st 05, 05:30 PM
DCP23

You are right, that's what I mean

Yes, it is gummed and never hinged too. In fact, it's actually a block of 4.
And there are also some other values from that set overprinted exactly like
that.
The overprint appears rather nicely done, not at all like it's someone's
joke or something.

"Tony Clayton" wrote in message
In a recent message "DCP23" wrote:

http://cjoint.com/?jvrd1QgqRX

This is a British Guiana stamp with an overprint "Marine Detatchment",

which
neither Scott nor Stanley Gibbons know nothing about.

I presume you mean neither know anything...

I suspect it is a private overprint used in the manner of perfins.

Is it gummed?

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :