Old October 5th 04, 10:47 PM
ThibauT

Pour participer à nos (d)ébats, (Eric Kenneth
Bustad) sussurait le 4 Oct 2004 21:27:16 GMT :

In article ,
Stamps4ra wrote:
Ah Ha, ThibauT, you have opened a can of worms.
The Australia issues many stamps in WAG sheets. (Water Activated Gum) Then they
issue SA Coils and SA Books. (Self Adhesieve) The stamps from the coils and
books sometimes are indentical so if they are on cover one has no way to tell
if they are book or coil.
I have some used stamps taken from covers that have one round corner and three
square corners, most definately from a booklet.
I wonder where Rodney found the book he cut the stamps from!

I have seen stamps from several countries where the same design was
used for both WAG and SA stamps, but the perfs/die cut separations were
always different enough that they were easy to distinguish by eye.

Hi,
I think that Raphael (stamps4ra) talked only about the differences
between 2 adhesive stamps, not from a gummed and a adhesive ;o)

But as I answered to Rodney, there are differences in perf between the
2 kind of adhesive stamps, and even on cover it's possible to
distinguish them.

I'll post a picture tomorrow, it will more easy to understand, instead
decoding my bad english ;o)

--
ThibauT
Best regards from Vergèze (France), city of Perrier ;o)