Old April 4th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default WARNING - Avoid Edmonton Stamp Show=Avoid Thefts!! Repost

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:17:36 -0400, Ed Jackson
wrote:

In article ,
Yitzhak Izzie Goldstein wrote:

This year there was not one word about the disgraced Edmonton Stamp Show in
any media in Edmonton!

Not one word on radio, or TV.
Not one word or mug shot of tax fraudster Keith Spencer in any newspaper.

Were there any attendees at all at this year's show in Edmonton?
Does anyone care any more?

In September 2005, the Southeast Federation of Stamp Clubs held its
annual stamp show in Atlanta. This is an American Philatelic
Society-sanctioned national show (and I believe the largest stamp show
in the southeastern United States). Unfortunately, there was not one
word about the show in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution--the only
regional Atlanta newspaper. To my knowledge, there was not one word on
radio, TV, or the non-philatelic press.

Some local weekly newspapers carried announcements--but no articles or
photographs. The Edmonton news media is probably like that in
Atlanta--they want paid ads. The gun shows pay for advertising, as do
the coin shows. I guess the Edmonton news media figure why give away
something they can charge for. I suspect this is increasingly true of
the news media in other places.

Ed Jackson

Ed, up until this year, and all the very bad publicity about
THIEVGING, the Edmonton Stamp Show used to get lots of free publicity.

Radio and TV stations gave many free plus and even interviews. The TV
stations even did feature reports from the show in previous years.
Newspapers used to be full of the grinning smarmy look of Keith
Spencer.

Now, however, since the media became aware of the unsavory background
of Spencer and his multi-million dollar money laundering, together
with all the publicised THEFTS from dealers at the shows, I guess the
media have had enough, and like reputable stamp dealers, all are
BOYCOTTING the Edmonton show.

When they finally go bankrupt after going through the $60,000 or so
accumulated profits, will they then be forced to auction off all their
assets, including thousands of stamp circuit books and the like?