Old September 20th 03, 04:11 AM
Scott Stevenson

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:12:42 -0400, "John III"
wrote:

Fred, according to your provided link. It has the letter I as the first
letter of the Serial number. Does that mean that these are printed for only
the Minneapolis district? Also, how do they decide which district to print
them for? Requests from a district? One more question (for now). How do they
know how many of these star notes to print up in advance, experience, lucky
guess? Please remember I am a rookie :-)

Thanks,

John III

John,

If I can jump in with my $2 worth on knowing how many stars to
print...

It's like any other product that gets manufactured. Make enough of
them, and you'll get a very good handle on what your spoilage rate is
going to be.

take care,
Scott