Old March 2nd 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

Default Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

On Mar 2, 1:38 pm, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:

No, it doesn't mean that as 3% it is 'neutral' feedback, which amazon
counts against a seller.
Amazon does not encourage mutual feedback,

Nor should it. eBay discourages forthrightness in its feedback, due to
the fear of getting "revenge" feedback.

Have you ever had a customer
slime your feedback because he didn't like the ending of a book, or
the USPS misrouted the shipment? I certainly have. Almost all my
negative feedback is caused by the USPS screwing deliveries up.

After reading your comments here, I probably would not buy from you.
Blaming the Post Office is a pretty lame excuse, ranking up the with
the homework-eating dog.
Even if the P.O. did lose a book (which has happened to me exactly
once in well over 1000 shipments over the years), as an Amazon seller
you are still responsible.
Granted there are unreasonable buyers who will never be satisfied.
But if I ordered a book from you via Amazon and never rec'd it or a
refund you can be sure that you would get negative feedback from me.
I know that Amazon doesn't share all the shipping charge with you but
you should factor shipping and insurance into the price of your
merchandise.