View Single Post
Old December 5th 12, 05:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly
external usenet poster

Default Where have all the collectors gone?

On Monday, December 3, 2012 2:33:12 PM UTC-6, scotkamins wrote:
Hi Folks, Last time I was here was several years ago. At that time dozens of messages were posted here every day. Unless my newsfeed has gone kerbluey, I'm seeing just a few messages AT MOST for any recent day. Is there a new newsgroup for coins somewhere? I mean. I know that Usenet is in decline but surely interest in coin collecting hasn't disappeared! In case it is my newsfeed, please email responses to me as well as posting them he And thanks!

AH put the stake in the heart of the RCC vampire. DUH. Then certain whore vest pocket and extremely undercapitalized unprofessional small show coin dealers found out that their un-true street-corner come-ons wouldn't go unchallenged on an unmoderated forum. DUH DUH. Then came the Recession/Depression of 2007 to date, where I would guess that some RCC denizens had to choose Campbell's Soup over modern clad proof coins and BEP cards. DUH DUH DUH. Finally, the "rare" Coin Business has devolved into the scrap P.M. bullion business in very very many respects, which hurts morale - the only semi-numismatic question remaining is "What's 20 or 25 percent back of silver spot???". DUH DUH DUH DUH.

oly
Ads