Old September 11th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Michael G. Koerner

Default Zimbabwe to Drop 10 Zeros in Currency Revaluation

wrote:
Hi Michael,

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............
I guess I won't be getting a job any time soon with a currency trading
firm!!!!!!

I was using this to convert:

http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

It was giving hugh amounts of Zim dollars per US Dollar before the 10
zero's were dropped off.

1 USD = 30394 million Zim's (22 July '08)
Guess the effective rate was rather larger.

:-p~

The only question that I have is how long will it be before someone there
REALLY does something to get that country out of that mess....

--
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |