Old December 21st 12, 04:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default Thanks, Francis.

On 12/20/2012 6:14 PM, Willow Arune wrote:
After one of your posts, I headed to the UNBC library for Karen Armstong's THE BATTLE FOR GOD.

I have log been of the opinion that it is not any particular religion,
but the fundamentalists
of any religion that represent the greatest danger to our countries, be
we in a Muslim nation,
Israel or any of the secular Western nations. Armstrong's book was
scary. I do recall when
Robinson and his cohorts gathered together and decided to "take back"
the word "victim". Until
then, victims were the obvious minorities. After the meeting, word went
out that Christians were
the victims, forced to work or live next to all sorts of undesirables.
At the time I lived in
Kelowna, a very fundie oriented town. The change was dramatic -
suddenly there were all these
victims, many of whom were part of the ruling elite. Th lines were
quickly drawn and many ugly
feelings arose. Armstrong clarified the "whys".
if the Israel Palestinian yields yet another war or infatuate, it will be due largely to the

fundie Jewish groups who chose the demand for "Greater Israel" over
peace. If North American looses
its innocence in any civil rebellion, it shall probably be due to the
demands for a "biblical law"
fostered under the delusions to which Armstrong refers. And we all know
the results of Islamic
fundamentalists. InThailand, Buddhist fundies are also present, and I
am sure that various cults
have much the same, coupled with a charismatic leader. Unhappily, in
the US you also have the guns...
Defintely scary stuff.

Willow

Hi Willow, glad you are enjoying the book. She is a very deft thinker
and writer. Her knowledge of history is truly impressive. And she
understands religion. She was once a nun, but left the convent. So she
saw it from the inside at one time, too.

Francis A. Miniter