Old June 30th 14, 02:11 PM
maxblockm maxblockm is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmcshane View Post
I recently bought a crabtree mint product, a $1000 20 oz silver
contract bar. Can anyone tell me anything about the Crabtree mint or
about the silver contract. Can I truly go to the Crabtree Mint (
assuming it still exists) and cash it in for a thousand dollars?
You should post a picture of it if you still have it...

The Crabtree Mint of Paradise, CA apparently sold these rounds in the late 1970s early 1980s and had an unusual guarantee. It states on the obverse "100 Dollars" and "Guarantees to repurchase this ingot for no less than 100 Dollars after Dec. 25, 1986". The reverse features a balance scale, inscription above- "Two Troy Ounces", below is the mintmark "APM", ".999 Fine Silver" and "Silver Trade Unit".

An internet search for "Crabtree Mint" was unsuccessful in discovering if they are still in business. Darn.

see also http://www.thesilverxchange.com/crabtree_mint.asp
Attached Images

Last edited by maxblockm : June 30th 14 at 02:20 PM. Reason: picture not showing