Old June 29th 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default France~Happy New Year Cancel Num 116.

Oh dear. My apologies Bruno, a typo (and my spell checker failed to pick it
up ;-)
Thanks for the interesting preamble.
I thought you may mention papers
It is that awful cardboard hue, I cannot recall the reason.
Best Regards to you.
Rodney

"bc92" wrote in message
rodney wrote :
La Sameuse 15c
http://cjoint.com/data/gDpcIbQrAc.htm

Sameuse ? Well, I guess I could say 'sewer' instead of 'sower' from time
to time ;-)

The Post-office 116 in Paris was given this number in 1901 (Reaumur
street).

This 'happy new year' is most probably 1904, 1905 or 1906. In 1906 the
letter changed to 10c instead of 15c (a rare example of a tarif decrease).
Other post-card and printed matters tarifs were 10c or lower.

Types & dyes considerations might restrict the guess further on, however I
am no longer so keen at trying my eyes on those line sowers subtleties.
And I am not so much familiar with the 15c, except that I do LOVE type VI,
the rotary printed roulette.(Types are according french catalogues.)

Best regards,

--
Cordialement,
Bruno