Old February 9th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour[_2_]

Default Sorry to have taken up the time of a few lookers or it's betterthan spam

TheDimeMan wrote:
If there was a rec.group for serious numismatists it would be great,
so the less interested people that read the rec.collecting.coins
group could skip our postings. The hobby should be fun, so lets keep
it light.

You seem to have run afoul of two of the biggest problems on USENET:
Ill-tempered people and the fact that text messages do not convey intent
very well.

When I read your first query, I thought it sounded rude. You didn't
even use the word "please" until the third or fourth posting. However,
I didn't say anything since I assumed your intent was not to be rude.

I only mention it now because you seem to have done it again. I read
your paragraph above as: "Since you guys are a bunch of ill-tempered
buffoons, where can I go to get real answers to my numismatic questions?"

Sorry, I can't help you with that. This newsgroup is an amazing
resource when used carefully. But in order to realize its potential,
you have to be *very* careful what you say and how you say it - and you
have to be willing to repeatedly put up with incredibly rude responses.

Hopefully, this response is not "incredibly rude" - as I was only going
for "mildly rude". :-)

--
Jim Seymour