Old June 25th 05, 10:52 PM
Doug McClure

The San Diego Booksellers Association has a good online map to their
members' bookstores at http://www.sdbooks.org/, though more and more
of the members sell only online.

The best and biggest of the B&Ms is Wahrenbrock's, downtown, on
Broadway between 7th and 8th. I think this might be the last
remaining downtown bookstore. There are a number of thrift stores
downtown, a few blocks away. If you are downtown on a Fri-Sat-Sun
afternoon, the Central Library has a good booksale. (However, if you
are going downtown on a Sunday, beware of the SD Padres games, since
parking may be difficult to find.)

Fifth Avenue, between Robinson and University, in Hillcrest has three
bookstores. If you click on the website link to the Open Air Book Fair
(which was held two weeks ago), you can find a map there.

Adams Avenue has a handful of stores, starting at "The Prince and the
Pauper" at the west end and perhaps Adams Avenue Books if the furthest
east. You probably won't want to walk the entire length and back, but
you can visit them all easily with a car.

La Jolla has the DG Wills bookstore, with both used and new books. The
LJ Library and the LJ Athenaeum have quite a few books for sale. (At
the Athenaeum, as to see the book sale shelves inside -- as there are
more there than just the carts in the foyer).

Here's a link to thrift stores, rummage sales, auctions, etc., in San
Diego: http://www.bargainlink.com/

DKM

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 03:03:00 -0400, "William M. Klimon"
wrote:

I'm going to be in San Diego this coming week. What are the must-visit book
stores?

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

To contact me directly, send EMAIL to (single letters all)
DEE_KAY_EMM AT EarthLink.net. [For example .]