Old January 17th 12, 03:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
robert

Default Rockola 440 Gripper and Magazine Motor Blowing Fuses

On Jan 16, 9:18*pm, Rob in NYC wrote:
Robert, all I needed was "Rock-Ola" and "gripper motor" *-they are
notorious for developing shorted armature turns. *From the early
1950's models, right on through the later 80's. If it is blowing
quickly, that is the cause.

The only other possible cause is that the cam switches are faulty and
causing the motor to overtravel and jam. *That will be obvious when
you turn the motor shaft.

Rob/NYC

Hi Rob. Thanks so much for the reply! Is there a way to fix the
motors? I tested the cam switches and they seemed okay, and I also
aligned them according to the manual. I can always replace them to be
safe.

Robert