Old March 24th 04, 06:34 PM
jimmyfc

Rico wrote in message . 99.130...
I have come across a $10 Silver Certificate 1934 A,with a yellow seal.
I see only 2 listing for $10 bills with yellow seals - 1934 and 1934 A North
Africa.
Wouldn't a NA bill have it stamped on the front and back,like Hawaii ?
Mine does not.
A plain 1934 yellow seal is worth considerable $$$,but mine is clearly an A
series.
If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be much obliged.

NA notes do not have "North Africa" over-printed on front and back.
The term "North Africa" is unofficial, whereas Hawaii was an official
government designation. I'm not sure what the offical designation of
the NA notes was. I think it was US Military something or another.