Old March 24th 04, 06:25 PM
RayEndo

Rico wrote:

I have come across a $10 Silver Certificate 1934 A,with a yellow seal.
I see only 2 listing for $10 bills with yellow seals - 1934 and 1934 A North
Africa.
Wouldn't a NA bill have it stamped on the front and back,like Hawaii ?
Mine does not.
A plain 1934 yellow seal is worth considerable $$$,but mine is clearly an A
series.
If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be much obliged.

The North Africa bills don't have "North Africa" printed on them like the
Hawaii bills. The Hawaii bills have "HAWAII" printed on them so that they can
be easily distinguished from other bills without "HAWAII" printed on them.
This was done in case Japan invaded Hawaii and tried to use these bills
elsewhere. The US would declare the bills with "HAWAII" printed on them no
longer legal tenders. I believe the notes were to circulate in Hawaii only.