Old March 2nd 12, 03:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien

Default Photo of Roland King-Farlow?

On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:58:57 +0100, Toke Nørby
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

Sir F.A. Rien wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:05:35 +0100, Toke Nørby
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

Most of you have heard about this famous philatelist (1907-1974).
I need a photo of him but can't find one. Can any of you help, please?
Mvh
Toke

If you recognise him, this may help?
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgcc/sf/990812.htm

Wouldn't one of the societies have a picture of him, perhaps the RPS?

Thanks much! The RPS don't have and not even his niece Susan Oliver in
UK have one - at least she can't find one.

I haven't asked the APS but I asked the editor at Linns (Michel
Baadke) but he hasn't answered back yet. I hope that Linns have a pile
of photos of famous philatelists.

I have never seen a photo of him but I'll show it to Susan. She can
recognize him for sure.

Thanks again :-)
Mvh
Toke

If the racing club is still in existance, perhaps that might also be a
source.

It's amazing how many 'famous' people as nearly invisible. Having
problems with information about some of the Committee for the 1890
Penny Postage Jubilee!