Old July 3rd 08, 02:29 PM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Verizon dumps 26457 alt.* NGs, as promised

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:28:35 -0400, Scotius wrote:

In article ,
says...
As I'd warned a couple of days ago, Usenet browsers will find, after
having their client do a directory refresh, that Verizon has indeed
dumped ALL alt.* (and anything that isn't in the "Big 8") newsgroups
from their servers. Time-Warner has supposedly shut down Usenet
servers entirely, but I cannot verify that at this time.

That's it..."anarchists-lunatics-trolls" is toast.

Then wouldn't alt.politics be cancelled as well? snip

It is, on Verizon's servers, as well as a bunch of others. Just
because you see alt.whatever on your server doesn't mean that many
of the big "freebie" servers quit carrying it.

You need to get a more clear picture of how Usenet works.