Old February 8th 04, 09:13 PM
Jorg Lueke

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 12:41:30 +0100, Christian Feldhaus
wrote:

Jorg Lueke wrote:

Here we've got Coins, Coinage, CoinWorld, Numismatic News, The
Numismatist, and World Coin news. There's also several newsletters and
club publications but those don't target people outside of the
membership.

What about Canada, Europe, Australia, and elsewhere? Are there
magazines
about coins and collecting in the stores? Are they common? Do you read
them? What else do you read?

Well, I subscribe to MünzenRevue, a magazine issued by Gietl, a German
publishing house. This same company also makes M&P (Münzen & Papiergeld)
which covers both coins and paper money. Then there is the Austrian
"moneytrend" magazine (great website, too). All these are monthly
publications, or rather 11 times a year - there is just one issue for
July and August.

Another magazine (bi-monthly) is Deutsches Münzenmagazin. But their
target audience is a somewhat different one. Flashier, less "historic
stuff", no coin market price tables like in the other three, but less
expensive and easier to read ;-)

Then there are mint magazines like "prägefrisch.de" (free), and dealers
newsletters. Some clubs also have their own (small scale) magazines, but
since I am not a member of the DNG or any club, I'm not familiar with
those.

Christian

I should try to find some of these the next time I make the trip. Are
these generally subscription only or can you find them at newsstands as
well?