Old November 25th 03, 07:50 PM
Bcoton

Regarding photo expense,

I tend to write to mostly vintage/not known stars. These stars are not
affiliated with a studio and have to pay for the photographs out of their own
pocket. If I request a photo, I am usually asked to pay. It's is a mistake to
think that every celebrity has pre-paid photographs! Those that do often send
them out alongside the photos I have sent, so its a win-win situation.

I also like to send my own items because there is a better chance of having it
signed (the rude Ms. Gray not w/standing) and because I know what I am getting.
Obviously, you don't want to send something priceless. Any time I send
something out, I operate on the assumption that I may not get it back.