Old November 25th 03, 06:16 PM
DebSer5

I'm sorry your experience didn't turn out well. Did you try to send her
something? Sometimes celebs will sign things that are sent but not send out
originals. Not to mention it is far more polite for you to send something
rather than ask her to put money out of her own pocket, as many in this
newsgroup have already stated. Still, better luck next time!

I know many people on this ng think sending out photos is polite and it's rude
to ask a celebrity to send out one of there own promotional photos. But I have
to disagree with this. One reason for promotional photos is to send them to
fans who write to them. It has nothing to do with being polite or not being
polite. They should be honored that you wrote to them in the first place. Many
stars don't even pay for their own promotional photos, they have the studios,
companies & sponsors that do that. And the stars that do pay for their own
photos, they either have the money to do it, or don't mind doing it.
Promotional photos are often very cheap, when bought in quantites. Sometimes I
think people take this hobby a little to seriously(I do to). Although, I must
admit I *occasionally* buy autographed photos from certain celebrities with
sell their autographs through there website.