Old September 22nd 09, 06:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Cuba ID.

Thanks to your prompt, I went looking elsewhere,
and found it under Spanish Colonies~Philippines (who would have thought?)
http://cjoint.com/data/jwhDXVj1uP.htm

Thanks again.

wrote in message ...
On Sep 21, 10:22?pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au
wrote:
Any further light on this one?

I am presuming Cuba punctured Telegraph
Coat of Arms of Spain reign of Amadeo
1 real on 10p surcharge.

???? de firma?
Habilitado=authorised?

http://cjoint.com/data/jwesrUP73M.htm
Thanks

This is not from Cuba. I looked in the Jones-Rodriguez Cuba revenue
catalog and no such stamp was listed. I also looked in my Forbin
Revenue Catalog of the World and it was not listed there for Spain or
Cuba. You may need to consult a catalog of telegraph stamps - there is
one, but the name escapes me.

The basic stamp here is a Derecho de Firma, a revenue probably from
Spain. The "Habilitado" overprint means it is revalued. The "Correos"
overprint would indicate revalued for postage, but the hole is a
typical Spain telegraph cancel.