Old October 21st 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Paul

Default CDN Lot Experience

My family has recent come into a large lot of recent Canadian bank
notes. Over 500 in number from 200 $1 1973 with a few centennial and
1954s mixed in. Up to 2 $1000 of the last 1954 printing. Long story most
of the notes were AU-UNC in condition. Most were from the Bird series
and 1970s. Suprisingly few replacement notes were found, 2 or 3. One
rarer 1975 $50 note. As much as I would like to keep most of them family
needs them dispersed. Strange the demand for notes like these are very
little. I managed to get one dealer to pay %20 above face for more than
a dozen 1975 $50s. I am a long time EBayer with 100% feedback. Even on
Ebay there is little demand. The $1 bills get good bids, why not the
lots only cost 10-20$. Bird series 100$ barely get a bid.

I am trying more dealers this week and posting more notes on Ebay. I
will add to my story further.