Old February 16th 04, 03:59 AM
KLR

On 14 Feb 2004 21:48:35 -0800, (Vic) wrote:

Any help out there? My AMI/Rowe R-83 Disco 200 worked fine last week
- this week the record carousel just turns and turns and the selector
mechanism doesn't appear to be triggered at all when selections are
entered. I've made a few simple repairs in the past but am far from
technically knowledgeable about it ... if there's something simple I
can look for, I'd like to try it, otherwise I'll cave in and call the
pro that'll want to take it "to the shop".

Thanks.

2 things -

make sure that the wiper assembly is correctly aligned, and secondly -
add a pull up resistor (10k or so should be fine) from EACH of the 10?
signal lines coming from the wiper assembly - and take them to the
-15v rail.

Do the resistor mod especially if the digital display counts
erratically ie 101 102, 103, 110,111,112 etc.